Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Silver Scooter -- Pumpkin Eyes

Well, I'm back at work. The holidays are Done. And I'm trying to get productive. It's not happening today. Too many confusing things to try and organize. So I'm working, but it's like moving through the La Brea Tar Pits.

I am enjoying Luis Alberto Urrea's The Hummingbird's Daughter immensely. And all the more because this is a great aunt or some such relative he is writing about. The book is a novelized treatment of the life of Teresita, who was a big figure in Mexican history and revered during her life as a healer and saintly figure. She died on January 11, 1906, at what then and there among the poor of Mexicon an old age of 33. So next Wednesday is the 100th anniversary of her death, and I'll be about finished with her story. Very cool.

No comments: