Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Decemberists -- The Bagman's Gambit


I flit about from interest to interest like a hummingbird. Right now I am loving photography and learning more about composition and the mechanics of it, and here is a hummingbird I photographed last evening. It stayed on its perch in the lemon tree because it's always sitting there, and so as I stood four or five feet away it chirped its territorial chirps at me but stood its ground so I could get a pretty good picture. I can't find my bird book so I can't say for sure if it's a male or female, but I think female because a male would have more color around the neck. But I can't even tell you what species of Hummingbird it is, Anna's or Allen's or what, but anyway. We're off to see The Cherry Orchard production at the Mark Taper Forum, which stars Annette Benning and Alfred Molina...

No comments: