Wednesday, August 31, 2005

T. Rex -- Dove

I haven't said anything about Katrina. I don't feel capable of saying anything. I imagine myself stranded without a home and with only the soggy clothes I am wearing and I can handle that for about a second and it's all I can stand, and it gets to feel like holding my breath underwater, and I have to come back to reality of being safe and warm and dry and airconditioned, knowing my family is safe and warm, reasonably sure of our lives.

And while I sit here, hundreds of thousands of people can't even scrounge through what's left of their lives and salvage one or two keepsakes or items around which they can start their lives over, because even the pathetic wreckage of their lives is still underwater.

And of course, millions of people are still getting over the tsunami last year.

No comments: