Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Beulah -- Landslide Baby

Rained yesterday. Sunny today. It's a happy day. Woo hoo.

I brought my lunch. Basmati rice I made in a vegetarian soup stock. Pretty good.

I am feeling so uninspired and uninspiring. Hmm. Wait! Uninspiring. That reminds me of Bush. And THAT reminds me of... OOH!

Listen. I've always said that women with large brains and lots of power really do it for me. I thought Janet Reno was the bees knees. Condi Rice is wrong politically but she's still hot. And on it goes. However, the highest spot on my list is now this hottie:



Listen. Looks come and go. But smarts and courage are forever and are really hot. Bush called on Helen Thomas today for the first time in years, I understand, and she let him have it...

THE PRESIDENT: Helen. After that brilliant performance at the Gridiron (dinner), I am -- (laughter.)

Q You're going to be sorry. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: Well, then, let me take it back. (Laughter.)

Q I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet -- your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth -- what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil -- quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?

THE PRESIDENT: I think your premise -- in all due respect to your question and to you as a lifelong journalist -- is that -- I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong, Helen, in all due respect --

Q Everything --

THE PRESIDENT: Hold on for a second, please.

Q -- everything I've heard --

THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me, excuse me...."

It goes on like this, Bush doing his usual bs and Helen interrupting him. How much more do you need? You know you love her too.

No comments: